March 27, 2020
The Pastoral and Finance Councils and Trustees voted at our last meeting to do some much needed improvements to our property. We have been putting aside monies from our weekly collections to do several projects in our property.
- We installed handicap door opening mechanisms on the two side entrances of the Church.
- We repaired the playground fence and gates that were damaged and broken to make it safe for our children and families who utilize it.
- We are in the process of having the parking lot sealed and restriped. They have already begun this project and the Moss Street side of the parking lot is completed. They have pressure washed all concrete sidewalks, filled in all cracks in the parking lot, put two coats of sealer and have restriped the parking lot. It looks great!
- New benches were ordered and are in for the property. The existing ones are beginning to rot and fall apart. Simply look at the ones around the fountain and you can see how dangerous they are getting. The Knights of Columbus have volunteered to put them together and install them for us.
- The Knights of Columbus have cleared the area around the sign at Moss Street and Rain Tree Trail. We are getting estimates on having the sign refurbished. It is in need of some TLC after 20 years. It is beginning to fade and with the parking lot looking brand new we will take this opportunity to make the sign new. This is the first thing people see of our parish and we want to keep it looking good. We will also put a quote of St. Elizabeth Seton on the parking lot side of the sign now that all the bushes are gone.